MEEC is proud to sponsor its annual Student Environmental Visionary Awards. MEEC will recognize students for their outstanding contributions to environmental stewardship and awareness on their campus and in their communities.
Five students from grades K-5 will be the awarded the Jr. Visionary Award and receive $60 in cash as well as a $60 Staples gift card.
Five students from grads 6-12 will be honored with our Environmental Visionary Award and receive 4 tickets to the Living Desert in Palm Desert, one night hotel accommodations, and gifts cards to help offset the cost of fuel and food for the trip.
Each winner will also be invited to attend our annual awards banquet which will be held on Thursday, April 25, 2024 at 6 PM at The Hilton Garden Inn in Victorville.
To this end, we are soliciting your nomination for the next Environmental Visionary. The nomination can come from either a principal or teacher. When selecting your student nominee, the nominator must take into consideration the work that the student has done in leadership toward environmental issues and stewardship. The following stipulations will serve as a guide for assisting you in the nomination process:
- The student must attend school within MEEC boundaries. MEEC’s boundaries consist of the High Desert portion of San Bernardino County, the Palo Verde Valley of Riverside County and the High Desert region of North Los Angeles County, including the cities of Lancaster and Palmdale.
- The student will be nominated by a teacher or principal from their school.
- The student nominee must have spent a minimum of 12 hours in conservation and environmental education activities.
- The student has educated peer students, school employees or community in environmental issues or conservation.
- The student must have above average academic standing (>2.0 GPA for secondary, and the equivalent for primary grades).
- The student must display leadership qualities, possess good character and a good reputation among peers, and not be a disciplinary problem.
Please take the time to complete the online nomination form available at: https://forms.gle/RFaRixoaWVM4XB4MA
Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM March 1, 2024
Thank you for your time and consideration in this request, and we look forward to receiving your nomination.
Should you have questions, please contact MEEC at (760) 245-1661 ext. 6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org