2020-2021 MEEC’s EnviroBus Buck “Field Trip Connection” Program
NO HANDWRITTEN FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED
As many of MEEC schools continue distance learning for the 2020-2021 school year, The EnviroBus Buck Transportation Grant Program has temporarily be redesigned to help connect high desert students with industry professionals offering students the opportunity to learn about environmental education virtually and providing a hands-on activity to further engage students in their lesson.
The field trip connection program will cover the cost of materials for the activity described in the description provided by the site/MEEC or request by the teacher (up to $500 per teacher) MEEC will coordinate with the teacher for drop off of materials 2 weeks prior to virtual field trip connection. It is the teacher’s responsibility to make ensure that the supplies get to their students.
As things continue to be fluid, in- person field trip applications will be accepted as well with the following conditions: your school must be open for in-person instruction and the site you are requesting must be open for tours/visitors on the date you apply.
Consideration will be given to all qualifying applications. Qualifying applications will be reviewed in the order they were received. Only one EBB grant per teacher, per year will be awarded. If there are remaining funds available after all eligible applicants have been awarded, multiple “trips” may be awarded to a single teacher that has met all the requirements.
A list of participating virtual sites has been created and will be updated quarterly.
General Rules & Guidelines
1. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis beginning October 20, 2020. Once the judging has been completed, grant recipients will receive a formal e-mail which will include all contact information necessary for the recipient to schedule the field trip. Non-awardees will be notified via email indicating why their grant application was denied.
2. DETERMINING GRANT AWARD SITES: MEEC determines which applicants will be awarded based upon the overall total cost of all choices and response to the application questions.
3. Grant recipients are responsible for setting up all arrangements, which include, but are not limited to:
a. Obtaining District Board and/or Principal approval as needed.
b. Coordinating the “field trip” date with the host site contact.
c. Notifying MEEC Program Specialist of planned date and if “trip” is unable to be taken.
d. Coordinating with MEEC Program specialist for drop-off of materials to school site. Awardee is responsible for ensuring that supplies are distributed to students before “field-trip.”
4. EnviroBus Buck “Field Trip Connection” awards must be scheduled to occur within the school year the grant is awarded.
5. Liability Clause: MEEC and its agents are released from any and all liabilities which may arise from participation in this program.
6. Awardees are required to submit an online program evaluation survey after the field trip along with three (3) student field trip evaluation surveys. Surveys are available online only and will be available for completion from December 1, 2020 until June 30, 2021.