MEEC is proud to announce its very first video contest! Sponsored by High Desert Power Project, we invite you to “Rethink Recycling” and submit your videos that demonstrate how you spread the word about recycling.
From soda cans, old homework, broken TV’s, and leftover food, Americans put a lot of trash in landfills. Each year, we create roughly 250 MILLION TONS of garbage across the country. Recycling is one way that we can help to reduce the amount of waste we throw away. You may already be recycling your cans and bottles, but what about other things? It’s time to Rethink Recycling and share with us your ideas for reducing the amount of waste that ends up in our landfills. Enter the “Rethink Recycling” video contest and help spread the word about all the things that can be recycled!
There are five Prize categories:
Elementary School (grades 1-2)
Elementary School (grades 3-5)
Middle School (grads 6-8)
High School (grades 9-12)
First, second, and third place winners will be awarded in each category. All awards are gift cards. First place winners will receive $50 , second place $25, and third place will receive $15. Kindergarten winners only will receive a $20 gift card for all places instead of the above prizes.
• Create an innovative 30 second to one minute video encouraging recycling. Your video should include examples of at least 3 recyclable items. Your video will be judged for uniqueness, creativity and the best portrayal of how you spread the word on recycling. Providing a “title” for the video is optional.
• Videos may be submitted as a DVD/CD, SchoolTube/YouTube link, or Media File
• Once videos are uploaded to Schooltube.com or YouTube.com, links may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Media Files may also be emailed. DVD/CD entries may be mailed to: MEEC, 14306 Park Ave, Victorville, CA 92392
• Students may submit multiple videos, but only one video can win per person. Each entry must contain the students name, grade, school and home phone number to be considered.
• Deadline for submission is March 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
• Winners will be notified by phone and invited to attend the Award Ceremony presentation on March 18, 2014 at the High Desert Power Project, which will include a tour of the facility for the essay winners and their families.
For further information, please call Samantha Murray, at: (760) 245-1661 ext. 6717