Mojave Desert Supplemental Environmental Project Scholarships and Application Guidelines for High School Students
The Mojave Desert Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP) Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to graduating seniors planning to attend any institution of higher learning and have demonstrated a serious interest in or commitment to the environmental issues during the course of his/her high school education. Recipients receive a scholarship award to an accredited public or private institution of higher learning. The scholarship awards are outright grant awards. No services will be required as a consequence of receiving the award. Scholarship awards may be used for tuition, books, education fees, and/or other education-related expenses. Each scholarship award is $1,000.
• High school graduating senior planning to attend a college or university full time
• Must reside within the jurisdiction of the Mojave Desert AQMD
• Extra consideration will be given to applicants residing in any of these zip codes: 92307, 92308, 92345, 92392, 92394, 92395
• Must have demonstrated a serious interest in or commitment to the environmental issues during the course of his/her high school education. This interest or commitment may be demonstrated through achievement in sciences, vocational sciences, community activities, or involvement in environmental issues
• Minimum cumulative high school G.P.A of 2.5 based on an A=4.0
• Must carry at least ten (10) academic units during the 2nd semester or spring quarter of the academic year 2010-11.
The application packet should include:
1) Completed application form
2) 2 letters of recommendation
for more information or to download an application, “Scholarship Application”.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2011