2020-2021 MEEC’s EnviroBus Buck “Field Trip Connection” Program
Online Applications ONLY
The 2021-2022 EnviroBus Buck Transportation Grant Program provides grants for in-person and virtual field trips, offering students the opportunity to learn about environmental education using a hands-on approach during visits to host sites or virtually in your classroom which promote environmental stewardship.
For in-person field trips: The grant covers school bus transportation fees only. Lunch/meals, entrance fees, and substitute teacher fees are not covered. Teachers are encouraged to find creative ways to fundraise to cover additional fees.
For virtual field trips: The field trip connection program will cover the cost of presentation/program fees (as applicable), materials for the activity provided by the site/MEEC or request by the teacher (up to $600 per teacher).
Consideration will be given to all qualifying applications. Qualifying applications will be reviewed in the order they were received. Only one EBB grant per teacher, per year will be awarded. If there are remaining funds available after all eligible applicants have been awarded, multiple grants may be awarded to a single teacher that has met all the requirements. Multiple grant awards MAY NOT BE USED ON THE SAME DAY. Individual trips must be used on same day and cannot be divided into multiple days for any reason without first receiving prior authorization from the MEEC Program Specialist. To do so will forfeit your grant and no monies will be paid.
A list of participating in-person and virtual sites has been created in good faith with our sponsors and supporting partners. Please note: Local, State and individual site health and safety protocols are subject to change. These changes may result in postponement/cancellation of trip at host site/school/district discretion. If for any reason the site awarded is unable to accommodate the school, MEEC staff will work with the teachers to decide to visit an alternate host site or make alternate arrangements.
2021-2022 PROGRAM GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Grant Application Period: Web based applications are available on the MEEC website beginning September 1, 2021. The application period will close when funds are depleted. No applications will be accepted after March 1, 2022. Funds for transportation and virtual presenters will be process for reimbursement once invoice from school/district has been received by MEEC.
- FOR IN-PERSON FIELD TRIPS:
- Applications must include a copy of the actual school district round trip transportation cost from your school to your requested sites (including tour time and departure/arrival times). If you are unable to secure a written estimate from your transportation department or bus company, google map or similar map print out that includes roundtrip mileage as described above, and the transportation cost (including per hour or per mile break down) will be accepted. MEEC is not liable for unscheduled stops or additional charged incurred that were not requested in the original grant application submitted.
- Round-trip mileage traveled by bus from the school to host site and back may not exceed 350 miles.
- Applications may not request more than three (3) busses. Due to the high cost of fuel, school district transportation should be used for all trip Exceptions may apply and MEEC should be notified immediately. MEEC is not responsible for District bus services and does not approve/disapprove which school transportation service your School District chooses to use, but the MEEC Executive Board reserves the right to approve/disapprove the use of charter bus services on a case-by-case basis.
- Local, State and individual site health and safety protocols are subject to change. These changes may result in postponement/cancellation of trip at host site/school/district discretion. If for any reason the site awarded is unable to accommodate the school, MEEC staff will work with the teachers to decide to visit an alternate host site or make alternate arrangements.
- FOR VIRTAUL FIELD TRIPS:
- Applications must include program requested from site and program cost (ex: California Science Center – Life Science – Diverse World, $250)
- If applicable, applicants must submit a detailed list of materials (including shipping & handling, tax) up to $600 for teacher developed activities.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they were received on a bi-weekly basis beginning on September 10, 2021. Only one EBB grant per teacher, per year will be awarded. Once the application review has been completed, grant applicants will be notified via email of their application status.
- If funds have been awarded: teachers will be notified via email and proceed as further outlined in this document.
- Non-awardees will be notified via email indicating why the application was denied. Non-awardees may resubmit their corrected application for future consideration during the application period.
- Field trips must be used on same day and cannot be divided into multiple days for any reason without first receiving prior authorization from the MEEC Program Specialist. To do so will forfeit your grant and no monies will be paid.
- Determining Grant Award Sites: Teachers must select a 1st and 2nd choice of where they would like to visit. Sites must be on the 2021-2022 Approved In-Person or Virtual Host Site list (above). MEEC’s EnvioBus Buck Committee determines which site applicants will be awarded based upon the overall total cost of all choices, then makes the selection to best maximize the available budget.
- Grant recipients are responsible for coordination all travel arrangements, which include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining District and/or School Approval
- Coordinating the field trip date with the host site contact personnel.
- Notifying MEEC of planned field trip date or if trip is unable to be taken.
- Notify MEEC immediately of any changes to host site. Visiting a site that was not authorized in your award notification, for any reason without prior MEEC approval, will result in non-payment from MEEC.
- Providing a minimum of one adult chaperone for every ten students attending the field trip. If sufficient chaperons are not provided, the host site may cancel the trip at their discretion and no funds will be paid by MEEC.
8. Grant recipients are responsible for ensuring that MEEC is billed for their trip no later than June 30, 2022. Failure to submit invoice and receipts (as applicable) by the deadline may result in applicant being ineligible for grant for the following school year. Invoice must include applicant name, school, site and date of trip to process payment. Missing information will cause a delay in processing as the invoice will be returned to the requestee for completion. Invoices may be submitted to MEEC by mail at: 14306 Park Ave., Victorville, CA 92392 or by email at email@example.com
9. EnviroBus Buck Transportation Grants must be scheduled to occur within the school year the grant is awarded. If for any reason the grant is not used in the school year it is awarded, allocated funds will be forfeited.
10. Grant recipients may transfer/share the grant to/with another educator from the same school site. However, the original number of buses requested may not be exceeded nor the destination site changed. Please notify MEEC of any such changes immediately. You must notify MEEC immediately if you are exchanging sites with another teacher from your school. MEEC is not liable to cover these charges without prior MEEC authorization for the change.
11. Liability Clause: MEEC and its agents are released from any and all liabilities which may arise from participation in an EnivorBus Bucks funded field trip. MEEC field trip liability forms are required for each student and must be submitted one week prior to the scheduled field trip or grant may be forfeited.
12. Grant recipients are required to submit an online program evaluation survey after the field trip along with three (3) student field trip evaluation surveys. Surveys are available online only and will be available for completion from October 1, 2021 until June 30, 2022 Failure to submit surveys may result in loss of funding for the following year application period.
For further information or questions, please contact MEEC Program Specialist, Samantha Murray, at 760-245-1661 ext, 6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org