MEEC is once again proud to sponsor its MEEC “Student of the Year” Awards. Each Student of the Year recipient will receive $60 in cash as well as a $60 Staples gift card. The awards banquet will be held on May 4, 2017 at 6 PM at Spring Valley Lake Country Club in Victorville.
To this end, we are soliciting one Student of the Year nomination from each school site. The nomination can come from either a principal or teacher. When selecting the student nominee, the nominator must take into consideration the work that the student has done in leadership toward environmental issues and stewardship. The following stipulations will serve as a guide for assisting you in the nomination process:
- The student will be nominated by a teacher or principal from his/her school.
- The student nominee must have spent a minimum of 12 hours in conservation and environmental education activities.
- The student has educated peer students, school employees or community in environmental issues or conservation.
- The student must have above average academic standing (>2.0 GPA for secondary, and the equivalent for primary grades).
- The student must display leadership qualities, possess good character and a good reputation among peers, and not be a disciplinary problem.
- The student must attend school within MEEC boundaries. MEEC’s boundaries consist of the High Desert portion of San Bernardino County, the Palo Verde Valley of Riverside County and the High Desert region of North Los Angeles County, including the cities of Lancaster and Palmdale.
Please take the time to complete the attached nomination form, and mail your submission to MEEC, 14306 Park Ave., Victorville, CA 92392. Forms may also be faxed to (760) 241-6271 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for entries is 4:00 PM March 17, 2017.