MEEC is proud to sponsor its MEEC Annual “Students of the Year” Awards for the 2019-2020 School Year. Each Student of the Year recipient will receive $60 in cash as well as a $60 Staples gift card. The awards banquet will be held on April 30, 2020 at 6 PM at The Hilton Garden Inn Hotel and Conference Center in Victorville.
To this end, we are soliciting your nomination for the next “Student of the Year.” The nomination can come from either a principal or teacher. When selecting your student nominee, the nominator must take into consideration the work that the student has done in leadership toward environmental issues and stewardship. The following stipulations will serve as a guide for assisting you in the nomination process:
- The student must attend school within MEEC boundaries. MEEC’s boundaries consist of the High Desert portion of San Bernardino County, the Palo Verde Valley of Riverside County and the High Desert region of North Los Angeles County, including the cities of Lancaster and Palmdale.
- The student will be nominated by a teacher or principal from his/her school.
- The student nominee must have spent a minimum of 12 hours in conservation and environmental education activities.
- The student has educated peer students, school employees or community in environmental issues or conservation.
- The student must have above average academic standing (>2.0 GPA for secondary, and the equivalent for primary grades).
- The student must display leadership qualities, possess good character and a good reputation among peers, and not be a disciplinary problem.
Please take the time to complete the online nomination form at: https://tinyurl.com/2020SOY. Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM March 6, 2020.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this request, and we look forward to receiving your nomination.
Should you have questions, please contact MEEC Program Specialist, Samantha Murray at (760) 245-1661 ext. 6717.